A full-tuition scholarship is available for a highly qualified candidate interested in pursuing a concentration or specialization in church music as part of a master-level degree program. This scholarship will provide for the full cost of tuition for either of the master-level divinity degrees offered at Campbell.
For this scholarship, we are looking for applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate music degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Evidence of exceptional musical performance ability
- Evidence of significant ministry experience
- Evidence of potential for leadership in ministry
- Evidence of clear sense of vocational call to ministry
In order to be eligible, the candidate must complete the following by the February 1st deadline for the fall term or October 1st deadline for the spring term:
- Apply for admission to Campbell Divinity School
- Submit a personal musical performance piece to Dr. Larry Dickens: email@example.com (Submission may be an audio or video recording)
- Have a letter of nomination submitted on his or her behalf by a music minister, pastor, campus minister, or professor
Nominees who apply for but do not receive the full-tuition church music scholarship are eligible for consideration of all other scholarships including other honors scholarships.
Students who are awarded a church music full-tuition honors scholarship will need to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.5 while enrolled in the Divinity School. Full-time status is also required for renewal of the scholarship each semester. The church music honors scholarships can be applied to either master-level degrees for the duration of the student’s time at the Divinity School as long as these requirements are maintained.
If you would like to nominate someone for this scholarship, please submit a nomination form.
You may also print out this form and mail or fax it to us.
If you are applying to Campbell Divinity School and would like to be nominated for this scholarship, please direct this information to someone who can write a letter of nomination on your behalf (e.g. your music minister, pastor, campus minister, or professor).