Campbell University Divinity School Academic Calendar
Spring Semester 2018
- 8 University Faculty/Staff Meeting 3:30 – 5:00
- 11 Orientation and matriculation for new students and returning students who have not completed advance matriculation. Late registration fees apply after this date.
- 15 MLK Holiday
- 16 Classes begin
- 16 First chapel service, Divinity School Chapel, 10:40 a.m.
- 18-19 D.Min. matriculation/advisement/seminars
- 22 Last day for late registration and adding courses; matriculation closes at 5:00 p.m. Students who drop courses or withdraw from school on or before this date are eligible for a full refund. Professor’s signature is required for all classes dropped or added after this date. Apply in the Divinity School office by 5:00 p.m. this date.
- 6 Divinity School Commissioning Service
- 6 Divinity School Visitation Day for prospective students, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- 6 Last day to drop a class without a grade. Courses dropped after 5:00 this date will be recorded as “W” Students may withdraw from classes from Wednesday, February 7 – Friday, March 23 and receive a “W”. Students will be responsible for paying all tuition charges for classes from which they withdraw. Hours of classes from which a student withdraws will be counted as “hours attempted” and will be included in determination of full-time status and financial aid. However, these hours will not be included in calculations of GPA.
- 8 New student lunch with Deans
- 5-9 Reading days
- 22-23 D.Min. seminars
- 22-24 Spiritual Formation Retreat
- 26 Last day to withdraw from a course unless the withdrawal is for documented medical emergencies or military deployment. Such withdrawals require withdrawals from all courses. Withdrawing from a course after this date students will receive and “F”
- 27 Holy Week Service, Divinity School Chapel, 10:40 a.m.
- 27 Divinity School Visitation Day for prospective students, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m 29 Maundy Thursday Service – 10:40 a.m
- 30 University closed for Easter holiday
- 1 Easter Sunday
- 2 Summer and Fall 2017 schedules available; advisement begins 3 CBF Day
- 5-6 D.Min. seminars
- 19-20 D.Min. seminars
- 24 Chapel service honoring candidates for graduation, 10:40 a.m. 24 Meeting of candidates for graduation following Chapel
- 27 Advance matriculation for Summer School and Fall 2017 ends
- 1-4 Final classes and examinations
- 4 Grades for candidates for graduation due 9:00 a.m.
- 9 All grades due 9:00 a.m.
- 11 Divinity School Graduation and Hooding Service, 7:00 p.m.
- 21 Summer School classes begin. 5/21/2018- 7/27/2018. Matriculation for all students who did not complete advance matriculation. Campus courses and field-based courses meet as scheduled.