Campbell University Divinity School Academic CalendarDownload 2018-2019 Calendar PDF
Fall Semester 2018
- 17: New student fellowship, Taylor Hall, 6:00 p.m.
- 21: Divinity School Faculty/Staff Workshop
- 23: Orientation and matriculation for new students and returning students. Late registration fees apply after this date.
- 23-24: D.Min. orientation/matriculation/seminars
- 27: Classes begin
- 28: First chapel service, Divinity School Chapel, 10:40 a.m.
- 31: Last day for late registration and adding courses; matriculation closes at 5:00 p.m. Students who drop courses or withdraw from school on or before this date are eligible for a full refund of tuition for the class. Professor’s signature is required for all classes dropped or added after this date. Apply in the Divinity School office by 5:00 p.m. this date. No refunds will be issued when withdrawing from school or withdrawing from a course after this date.
- 3: Labor Day Holiday. No Classes meet.
- 6-7: D.Min. seminars
- 17: Last day to drop a class without a grade. Courses dropped after 5:00 this date will be recorded as “W.” Students may withdraw from classes from Tuesday, September 18 – Thursday, November 1 and receive a “W”. Students will be responsible for paying all tuition charges for classes from which they withdraw. Hours of classes from which a student withdraws will be counted as “hours attempted” and will be included in determination of full-time status and financial aid. However, these hours will not be included in calculations of GPA.
- 18: Divinity School Commissioning Service, 10:30 a.m.
- 18: Divinity School Visitation Day for prospective students, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 20: New student lunch with Deans
- 20-21: D.Min. seminars
- 4-5: D.Min. seminars
- 8-12: Reading days
- 18-19: D.Min. seminars
- 23: CPE/Chaplaincy Day
- 25-27: Spiritual Formation Retreat (Rockfish)
- 29: Spring 2019 schedule available; advisement begins
- 1: Last day to withdraw from a course unless the withdrawal is for documented medical emergencies or military deployment. Such withdrawals require withdrawals from all courses. Withdrawing from a course after this date students will receive an “F.”
- 1-2: D.Min. seminars
- 5: Advance matriculation for Spring 2019 begins
- 15-16: D.Min. seminars
- 20: Divinity School Visitation Day for prospective students, 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 20: Divinity School Thanksgiving Service, 10:40 a.m.
- 20: Advance matriculation for Spring 2019 ends
- 22-23: Thanksgiving holidays
- 27: Advent Service
- 29-30: D.Min. seminars
- 4: Tuesday class exams
- 10: Monday exams
- 13: Thursday exams
- 19: Grades due 9:00 a.m.