Associate Professor of Church History and Baptist Heritage
- BS, Appalachian State University
- MDiv, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MA, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- PhD, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
Lydia H. Hoyle teaches courses in the areas of Christian history, American religion, and Baptist history. Prior to coming to Campbell in 2003, she was a religion professor at Georgetown College. Her research interests and publications have included work in the areas of women and missions, children and mission education, Baptist history, and women in ministry. Currently, she is working on a study of Baptists and children.
Dr. Hoyle is married to Rick Hoyle, a social psychologist at Duke University. They are the parents of three children: Matthew, Michael, and Jessica. In addition to her involvement in a local congregation, Dr. Hoyle teaches, preaches, and leads retreats in churches across the state.
- Office Location: Taylor Hall of Religion, 308
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 800-760-9827, ext. 1894